THE RELIEF BUS and the NEW RELIEF BASE
Now in full operation! After 22 years of outreach to the poor, homeless and needy in NYC and NJ, mobilizing nearly 5,000 volunteers per year, The Relief Bus is now able to host teams from all over the country at our newly renovated “RELIEF BASE.”
And now we’re looking for a few people crazy enough to immerse
themselves into the urban missions world and work with us serving the poor and using the specialized skills you have to help others! Come work alongside our diverse team and have a life-changing experience with The Relief Bus!
The nature of what The Relief Bus does means we are well networked with many organizations and ministries in the NYC Metro area. By interning with us you have the opportunity to be exposed to the big picture of urban ministry in NYC and have your heart and vision expanded in the process.
* Participating in outreach to the homeless with The Relief Bus in
New York City
* Fully engaging with our community life and participating in our regular Tuesday devotional gatherings
* Using your skill set to help The Relief Bus better help the homeless
Be an important part of our outreach to the poor & homeless! In addition to being part of the outreach, we endevour to integrate your skills (CHRISTIAN MINISTRY, EVANGELISM, CHILDREN’S MINISTRY, COUNSELING, MEDIA/COMMUNICATION, ADMINISTRATION, SOCIAL WORK, NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT, MUSIC, SPANISH, INTERNATIONAL-MULTICULTURAL STUDIES) with the needs of The Relief Bus’ ministry.
* Commitment length of 6 months-1 year.
* You will be staying in staff housing within walking/biking distance from The Relief Base in Elizabeth, NJ.
* The culture of our community is challenging, exciting, and growth-inducing.
* Serving the “least of these” (Matthew 25:40) unto the Lord.
* Internship Completion Certificate upon completion.
*Tuition is $400/mo.
Tuition is not
tax-deductible but we
will provide a receipt.
*Living expenses (food,
etc) are your own
responsibility. We suggest
a minimum of $200/mo.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT BILL HOFFMAN at 800-736-2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.